Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Home Heating Oil Delivery:
1. The homeowner/business owner is responsible for periodically inspecting the oil storage tanks and delivery piping to ensure they are in serviceable condition. Customer is responsible for any clean-up costs in the event of a leaking tank and/or oil spill caused by leaking pipes or malfunctioning vent alarm fill whistles.
PurpleFuels will not deliver to a location if the vent alarm fill whistle sound is not heard when attempting to fill the tank or the driver determines that the delivery location is unsafe. For multi-family homes or buildings that have more than one fill pipe, we will not service the location if your address is not marked on your fill pipe. Having the cap marked is not sufficient. It must be marked on the pipe.
2. All orders are scheduled upon receipt or next business day if order is placed after normal business hours. Our business hours are currently Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm. Normal delivery time is within 2-3 business days from the time you place the order. Orders placed over the weekend cannot be guaranteed for Monday delivery, though we will do our best to accommodate you when possible. We are not responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
3. We cannot return or remove any heating oil once it has been delivered. You will only be charged for the amount of gallons you ordered. The delivery driver will leave a printed receipt in your mailbox that shows the actual gallons delivered to your residence or business along with the total delivery and any applicable taxes and/or service charges. In the event that your tank(s) cannot accommodate the amount of fuel your ordered, a credit will be issued to your card for any undelivered fuel.
4. If you state in your order that you would like the tank filled, we will deliver as much oil as your tank can accommodate. This may be more than the estimate you put on the order form. Do not use any terms such as "fill oil", "fill tank", "top off", etc. if you do not want us to completely fill the tank. No adjustments or credits will be made after the fact if you instruct us to fill the tank. When confirming the delivery date of your order via email, we will state back to you that we will fill the tank. Please respond to that email IMMEDIATELY if you do not want us to fill your tank to capacity.
5. If the amount of fuel delivered is less than what you ordered, the price may be adjusted. For example, if you order 300 gallons and your tank only takes 225, the price will be adjusted to our 100-299 rate. Another example would be if your order 100 gallons and only take 86. The price would then be adjusted to our 50-99 gallons rate. If we arrive to deliver fuel, and for reasons not attributable to us, we deliver less than 50 gallons, there will be a $50 delivery fee added on to the amount of oil ordered. For example, you order 100 gallons from our company and another company fills your tank before we get there and our delivery is only 15 gallons. In this case you would be charged for the 15 gallons at our current 50 gallon rate and a $50 delivery fee would be added to the bill.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that their tank gauge is working properly and the correct amount is ordered.
6. All orders cancelled the same day as delivery will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee. Orders cancelled at least 1 business day prior are charged a $10 cancellation fee. This covers our time and costs associated with processing your debit/credit card. These fees are non-negotiable.
By submitting this order you understand and agree to these terms and conditions as stated above.